Lil Rounds

It looks like one of the contestants who might do well in American Idol is Lil Rounds. Lil Rounds... that's quite a name. At first I thought that Lil was short for Little, sort of like some of the other big name singers out there. And I thought, well, Little Rounds sort of sounds like an interesting nickname as well, so it could work. But then after reading around a little bit, I discovered that Lil isn't actually short for Little, but is short for Lillian, which suddenly makes her full name, Lillian Rounds, sound suddenly sweet.

So Lil Rounds is one of the people who it seems at least got past the audition stage of American Idol's current season. Looking for information on her unfortunately doesn't come back with a lot of concrete stuff or detail. One of the things I've been reading is that she's actually one of the few contestants to have gotten a standing ovation as a response to one of her performances. A standing ovation. Must have been a pretty impressive performance there. So I'm wondering, assuming that this information is true, what kind of a performance was it, which merited quite the response? What did she sing? At what stage of the auditions did this take place? Was she alone, or was it some sort of group performance (I rather doubt it was a group performance though.)? Also, what did the judges say? And for that matter, did all of the judges give her a standing ovation? Or maybe just one or two?

After all, I know that one of the judges at least tends to be pretty nice to contestants, while another one tends to be pretty stern. Did all three of them get up off their seats? Oh wait, I forgot, there's supposed to be a fourth American Idol judge this year. So does that mean that all four of these Idol judges vacated their seats in order to show Lil Rounds how much she impressed them?

And for that matter as well, how many standing ovations did these judges give American Idol contestants this season? After all, if Lil Rounds was the only person who got a standing ovation, well, then that means that she really pulled something special out of the bag. But if the judges were giving standing ovations left and right, well, then maybe it wasn't quite a uniquely impressive performance after all.

I'll be looking out for this Lil Rounds standing ovation once the American Idol episodes get underway.

1 comment:

  1. I saw her last night on American Idol. She performed Stevie Wonder's All I Do. I think she was AMAZING! Definately one to look out for. I hope she wins. She is by far one of the best I've seen.

    ReplyDelete